This can serve as an indicator about what careers are in demand for this year and future trends in the job market.
CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI) just released the results of their latest study that used EMSI’s rich labor market database, which pulls from over 90 national and state employment resources and includes detailed information on employees and self-employed workers, to find the best jobs (that require a bachelor’s degree) for 2013. Here are the top 10 as published in Forbes magazine.
- Software Developers (Applications and Systems Software): 70,872 jobs added since 2010, 7% growth
- Accountants and Auditors: 37,123 jobs added since 2010, 3% growth
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: 31,335 jobs added since 2010, 10% growth
- Computer Systems Analysts: 26,937 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
- Human Resources, Training and Labor Relations Specialists: 22,773 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators: 18,626 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
- Sales Representatives (Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific): 17,405 jobs added since 2010, 4% growth
- Security Analysts, Web Developers, Network Architects: 15,715 jobs added since 2010, 5% growth
- Mechanical Engineers: 13,847 jobs added since 2010, 6% growth
- Industrial Engineers: 12,269 jobs added since 2010, 6% growth